Sat: Graham and Some of America’s Top Christian Bands Will Rock the Rock the River in Quad Cities
Yesterday’s St. Louis Rock the River Tour Draws 65,000 - Next Stop Quad Cities on Aug. 8
WHAT: Quad Cities Rock the River Tour
WHEN: Aug. 8 from 3:30 - 9:30 p.m. (gates open 2 p.m.)
WHERE: Centennial Park in Davenport
WHO: Franklin Graham with Flyleaf, Grits, The Afters,
Fireflight and DecembeRadio
COST: Admission is $10 per person at the gate. Children
10 and under are free. Immediate family of three
or more is a maximum of $30
- Interview opportunities onsite with Franklin Graham, performing artists and attendees (book an interview)
- Follow the Rock the River Tour on Facebook fan page, Twitter, and, YouTube
- Friday - set up of stage at Centennial Park (Rock the River Tour is using a unique portable stage unit that is transported with a tractor trailer truck and unfolds into a full, covered stage)
- TV live shots (space will be available for television news microwave and satellite trucks at Rock the River Tour with a backdrop showing the thousands of young people attending the event)
- Interviews with local teens and volunteers who are participating in Rock the River Tour
Franklin Graham, president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan's Purse
- "This is an evangelistic summer concert tour filled with hard rock and hip-hop that kids are going to love."
- "Kids today are bombarded with messages from all sides, but they want to hear the truth. They want to have meaning and purpose in their lives."
Launched by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Rock the River is a new evangelistic summer concert tour for youth featuring top Christian hard rock and hip-hop bands. The one-day outdoor events are traveling up the Mississippi River from Louisiana to Minnesota, packed with hours of high-voltage music and brief, challenging messages by Franklin Graham.
Music helps bring youth together from all walks of life. That's why the Rock the River Tour has invited some of today's top Christian hip-hop and hard rock bands.
For specific city information visit rocktherivertour.com.